Saturday, March 05, 2005

Its a Love - Hate Relationship (with the car, that is..)

OK.. Im back.. wheels started moving again.. literally.. Today, I started to continue my practical driving lessons after a looooooong time.. (close to a year, my friend.. u bet it was rusty..).

"First lesson"

I was nervous.. all i could remember was how to start the engine.. wait a minute.. am i suppose to press the accelerator a little bit while starting the engine?? yes..no?? ok.. never mind..

Starting was slow.. and jerky ok.. I was so tensed... to make matters worst..Ive got a new instructor who used that metal rod (which we, educators, used in sch..!!).. ok, didnt expect anyone to use it on me now.. (lesson: Ive just realise how intimidated I felt as a student.., Sorry kids.. I promised I wouldn't use it in class ever again..well.. only when it is REALLY needed)

Trauma of the day: D**N T***T SLOPE...

For those novice drivers out there.. u can imagine the sheer anxiety.. fear.. clueless.. afraid of crashing into whoever is behind u .. and sitting beside this toad instructor who kept telling me to go .. never mind.. just whack.. what?? ok..which first?? clutch? brake?? or brake 1st?? signal?? (Mr Toad: turning point..turning point.. how can u forget that??)

Great.. just what I needed at this point of time... now the car stall.. it wun move forward.... (apparently, i lift the clutch too early.. not much acceleration..).. okoko.. For GOD's sake!!! I press the "d**n" thing oredi lah.. arghh... (im at the verge of breaking down .. pls move..)

Does that shout 'frustration' ? Well..obviously, i didnt throw all that straight to the instructor's face.. Fatigue leads to a perpetual surrender and to just act "sotong".. Honestly, at that point of time.. I felt that this was the worst day of my life.. (ok.. i was exaggerating.. maybe the worst day of the week) I've never felt tormented ...and you bet it was the LAST thing i need at the end of the day..... well.. it will soon be over..

Consolation out of the whole tormenting ordeal :- I'm goin to pass this thing.. and get out soon.. real soon..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home