Saturday, February 12, 2005

Farewell gift -> Yellow Ang-Baos Called 'Cha-Cha'

Well ..sad to say (not THAT sad..) today was my last day at work, at one of the infamous neighbourhood school. The so-called the 'school experience' for 5 weeks passed by too quickly for me to actually invest that much of an attachment feeling to the school.. Despite this, saying 'goodbye' to my current bunch of aspiring 'zoo enthusiasts' - majority had similar behavioral attributes to the current dwellers there, you see, was kinda of 'touching'.. ..

It all started out by making them write me an involuntary -turn- voluntary anonymous 'love notes' to me.. (getting them to be in the mood for Valentine's day.. yah rite..!)

Obviously, I was not asking for the traditional sappy heartbreaking love notes.. but instead, they had to answer my anti-climax questions:-

1) Why do u Love me so much?? (eeee..... wah liao.. puke puke.. ..hahahah.. just kidding.. i do not need the letter to tell me that you guys gonna miss me.. hahhaahha...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok seriously.. here goes..

1) What part of my lesson do you like most? (its a way for me to basically gauge how berserk i can be when i am in the actual classroom settings..)

2) Which Chemistry topic they find it hard to understand (even after reading it umpteen times to the point that they give up..)? U should see the boredom on their faces during the lessons.. my gratitude to those who tried to stay awake.. by yawning or standing..

3) How do you actually study for Chemistry? (not studying is an option, though,franckly speaking, its not a wise option.. it was never, in fact..)

4) The rest of the content.. no limits..

Ahh.. its the last part which makes life so interesting.. especially when it comes to freedom of expression from the creative/ sarcastic bunch..

Let me share some of the replies that were rather eye-catching..

Dear Ms A,

-I love u very much because.. there are very few people who are shorter than me - no offence..

-Sometimes the lesson can be rather boring.. but your 'tarzan' voice keeps me awake :p

-Felt like she is one of the students too.. maybe its because of the age or could be the height... hehe..cool..

-Kind, great & short..

As you can see from the above.. alot of attention was focused to my natural gift of being petite.. well.. at least they were trying to be honest.. and sincere .. This is the only class whereby you get to see one of the male students holding on dear to his bear raccoon keychain..(practically everytime) an unexpected act from someone who intially seems to carry that 'bo-chap ah-beng' look.. This is the class that you definitely would like to take up when you first embark on your professional teaching career track.. a morale booster packed with loads of fun!!

(Too bad for those who were absent.. u guys missed getting my yellow Cha-cha 'ang baos' ... )

Come on, I'm not that mean to spoil the festive season mood.. Ive left your share with your favourite Chemistry teacher.. Claim them on Monday.. that is if there are any leftovers.. hah!

Packed with a good facial treatment at the end of the day plus a good book & good brewed coffee.. what more can I ask for?? (Chocolates would be good.. Belgium or Delfii please.. )

1 Comments:

Blogger xpidemic17 said...

sighhh... students nowadays...

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home